Saturday, April 29, 2017

Monthly Summary: April 2017







April was a busy, but overall pretty good month. I had a great time with friends for my birthday and made a lot of goals!


What I did:

1.) I won CampNaNoWriMo for the third year in a row with a 30K goal! And I've gotten almost 50K written total in the Starbloods rewrite! I'm hoping to bump it up to 70K but we'll see how close to that I can get. 


  2.) Life outside of writing has been a blast this month. ^ ^ On my birthday, my sister and I went out to the mall then ate dinner together with her fiance and my mom at my favorite French restaurant. Then when I got home I took a bath with a LUSH bathbomb, ate chocolates, and watched Howl's Moving Castle


Trying out my new purple lipstick. ^ ^

Violetta chocolate is so good!

Then that weekend Casey and Amy came to visit and we had a blast! We had Korean BBQ which is absolutely amazing. Then the next day went to Hmart and Buford market for goodies and that night played King's Quest and watched the first two episodes of season two of Attack on Titan! The next day we went to downtown Marietta and got to have a carriage ride around the square and lunch at the Australian Bakery. Then we went to Kennesaw Mountain and hiked all the way to the top then back. ^ ^ Lastly, we finished the trip with yes, more King's Quest!


BBQ!

Amy and I holding a jackfruit!

Traditional Totoro pic!

Bubble Tea!




Standing at the top of the mountain!



I spent Easter with my family and got to hide Easter eggs for my little cousins.  ^ ^



Parfait my cousin made. :)

I also worked a lot of temp gigs this month from being an office assistant for a restoration company to demoing for a sausage company (Yes, it's weird, but it pays well. XD). Thus I've saved up the rest of the dough for Realm Makers registration, registration for MegaCon Orlando, spending money for Orlando, and my bus fare for Orlando. Whoo hoo! Hard work paying off!


Cutest sushi ad ever at one of the places I worked.

3.) I finished Red Queen and King's Blood! Both great! Reviews up soon. ^ ^



4.) I didn't do a whole lot of drawing this month, mostly because I've been focusing on bigger art projects, but I did get this piece of Bryce done and I've gotten the sketch of another drawing done (One I had to rage quit like three times but it was worth it. XD) that I'm hoping to reveal to you guys soon. ^ ^



5.) I've also posted articles about Tangled and conventions on Geekdom House!


The Geeky Department:


1.) I've finished my new cosplay! This is a fem version of King Graham of Daventry from my favorite video game series King's Quest! This characters is so near and dear to my heart and I'm so excited to have it ready in time for MegaCon! His little friend is named Cedric and he's from King's Quest V. ^ ^






2.) As I mentioned before I played King's Quest with Amy and Casey! We played King's Quest VI, King's Quest VII, and the first part of King's Quest VIIII. ^ ^



3.) I've been watching season two of Attack on Titan and OH MY FREAKING GOSH IS IT GOOD!!! The episodes can't come out fast enough!

I hate this guy.

4.) I'm on an anime kick so I watched Vampire Knight. Some friends of mine watched it years ago and I hadn't cause I'm not a big fan of vampires and it got cancelled mid-season. I gave it a watch and it was interesting. Neat vampire lore.



What I Learned:

Hiring - I've actually been on the flipside this month and hiring new writers for Geeks Under Grace! This has been a really interesting experience learning what it's like to be the one looking through applications and deciding which ones fit. I'm going to have to write a part two for my editor post ...


What I'm Going to Do:


1.) I'm going to finish rewriting Starbloods then give it a rest before I start editing in it June, which will mean I'll be needing betas soon. Squee! With any remaining time I'll have in May I'll be reading over Red Hood to look at some of the reasons why it was rejected so maybe those revisions will help get it published. *headdesk*


2.) Next month is MegaCon!!! So pumped. ^ ^ I'll be in Orlando for almost a week hanging out with friends and having some cosplaying fun!


When I'm not at MegaCon, I'll be working hard on saving up for my flight to Reno. Why you so expensive, city?!!

3.) I'm currently reading Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas and Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin, so I want to finish those two. Then I'm hoping to start Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling. :)




4.) I'm hoping to finish this drawing I'm working on then start the next one in the series. ^ ^

5.) I've got several Geekdom House articles in the queue to go up. ^ ^



Last Month on Wanderer's Pen ...


Utopian versus Dystopian: A Look at Two Societies

So Your Character is From Wales ... Featuring Ester @ To Write or Not to Write & Tasha @ 365 Days, 365 Photos
Small is Beautiful, Inspire Me, and Blogger Recognition Tags!
Villain Necrologies & Debacles: Marvel Cinematic Universe Edition
So Your Character Has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder ... Featuring Emily Walker
Now I'm 24 ...
Writing Lessons from Movies: Pocahontas
So Your Character is From France ... Featuring Victoire @ Mon Coin Arty & Fraise Fruitrouge
A Book Review of City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Read Rewrite Burn Tag & Bookish Lover Tag
So Your Character Has Autism ... Featuring Rebekah Hancock
Coming Soon to Wanderer's Pen ...


May 2 - So Your Character is from India ... featuring Shanti & Rachna - These two ladies have agreed to be interviewed about life in India. Don't miss it!

May 5 - A Book Review of King's Blood by Jill Williamson - 600 pages later I've finally finished this book and I'll tell you guys what I think of it!

May 6 - Elderly Characters 101 - Some of the most popular characters in fiction are sixty and up. Why? That's what I'll be analyzing in this post!



May 9 - So your Character has Asperger's ... - Elizabeth Hemingway is joining us to talk about what it's like to have Asperger's Syndrome.

May 12 - Beautiful People or a Tag - If BP goes up I'll do that, if not I have a tag in stock. XD

May 13 - Villain Necrologies & Debacles: Pixar Edition - A continuation of this series analyzing villain deaths and defeats!

May 16 - So your Character is From Indonesia ... - Cilla and Tasya will be telling us what it's like living in this south east Asian country!

May 19 - My Dream Reading Space - Arhaus.com has asked me to come up with what my dream reading space will be and I'll be posting that on this day. ^ ^

May 20 - Writing Lessons from How to Train Your Dragon - This is one of my favorite animated films and I'll be talking about some great writing used in it!

May 23 - So Your Character is from Sri Lanka ... - Dash will be talking to us about the birthplace of the ceylon tea! (I freaked out a little bit when I found out it was from this country. XD)

May 26 - A Book Review of Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard - I loooooved this book! I can't wait to tell you guys more about it!

May 27 -  What I've Learned being a Social Media Manager - I've been a social media manager for Splickety Havok for over six months now and I'll be talking about some tricks I've learned while doing it!


May 30 - So Your Character Has ADD ... - Ari will be talking to us about what it's like to have this!

Elsewhere ...
Intentionally and Sacrifices by Liz @ Out of Coffee Out of Mind - I really enjoyed this post by Liz. It hit home. 

Overall this was a good month and I can't wait for next month!


How was your month? What did you do? Are you looking forward to any of the upcoming posts?

You may also like:

No comments:

Post a Comment